In the interest of providing a safe, comfortable, fun and productive learning environment, we would like to draw your attention to the following Center Guidelines. If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
- PosiDog Canine Learning Center endeavors to be a learning space where positive reinforcement training techniques can be thoroughly and effectively explored. Please, no physical or verbal corrections on Center grounds. If you are unsure how to address a behavior your dog is exhibiting without using a physical or verbal correction, ask a Trainer.
- To protect our agility flooring, no spiky heels or cleats – wear comfortable shoes. Long dog nails should be clipped or filed down. If your dog has difficulty accepting this handling, please call or email us for help. In the meantime, if your dog has long nails avoid rough fetch and tug games while on the agility flooring.
- All dogs should remain on leash, or tethered, or crated unless otherwise instructed by the Lead Trainer. If you do not think you can safely restrain your dog, ask for help immediately.
- Dogs should not be allowed to greet each other unless otherwise instructed by the Lead Trainer.
- All dogs must present proof that they are current on their vaccinations for rabies, distemper, adenovirus, and parvovirus, or a statement from your licensed veterinarian recommending a specific exception. All dogs must have seen a veterinarian within the last year. Vaccination Requirements
- Your dog should skip class if she has been vomiting, coughing, has diarrhea, is listless, lethargic, is not eating, or if she has yellow or greenish discharge from her eyes or nose. Please, see your veterinarian for these conditions, and bring your dog back to class only when your veterinarian has treated and resolved the issue.
- Never hand your leash to anyone, including a Trainer, unless you are absolutely comfortable doing so. If your Trainer asks to use your dog to demonstrate a technique in class and you do not want them to handle your dog, just say so. You never need a reason to maintain control of your own dog.
- Some dogs are on special diets, have allergies, or have different rules about food. Do not feed any dog other than your own unless specifically instructed by the Lead Trainer, or authorized to do so by that dog’s guardian.
- Bring your dog to class on a properly fitted flat-buckle collar, harness, head-halter, or martingale collar, attached to a four, five, or six foot leash. Please, no flexi-leads, prong collars, choke collars, spray collars, electric collars, electric waist-bands, or pinch harnesses on Center grounds. If you do not think you can safely control your dog without the aid of one of these tools, let us know and we will help you review your equipment options.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellation made 48 hours in advance of the beginning of the first class of the series will receive a refund less a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations made later than this are not normally eligible for a refund.
- Frequently Asked Questions